Song of the week
Alright I know I am kinda stealing this idea from my bro., but it's different. I have been asked many times why I choose the songs that are on my playlist. So I am going to try to pick one song a week and explain the "why". Here we go...
Week #1 Where Are You Christmas.
Of course I picked this for the season. I absolutely love this song. I often wonder if people have ever truly listened to the words of this song. My interpretation is that some of us (including myself) get so wrapped up in our lives and the day to day grind that we forget what Christmas is. I love the ending of the song if you keep Christmas in your heart and mind it will always be there.
I found myself slightly disappointed in my Primary class a couple of Sunday's ago. I asked my four and five year-olds why we celebrate Christmas. They all began screaming presents and Santa!! I have worked very hard the past two weeks to instill in their little minds the "true" meaning of Christmas. My mom has a tiny Nativity scene that I brought to my class and I explained each piece. This past week I let each child pick a character and they had to tell me why it is included in the Nativity. They got all of the characters correct and it made me feel such peace. They were so excited to be the teachers and teach me the story.
I encourage you to play this song from my playlist and listen carefully to its message. I have included the lyrics below. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
Where are you Christmas
Why can't I find you
Why have you gone away
Where is the laughter
You used to bring me
Why can't I hear music play
My world is changing
I'm rearranging
Does that mean Christmas changes too
Where are you Christmas
Do you remember
The one you used to know
I'm not the same one
See what the time's done
Is that why you have let me go
Christmas is here
Everywhere, oh
Christmas is here
If you care, oh
If there is love in your heart and your mind
You will feel like Christmas all the time
I feel you Christmas
I know I've found you
You never fade away
The joy of Christmas
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every heart with love
Where are you Christmas
Fill your heart with love
Week #1 Where Are You Christmas.
Of course I picked this for the season. I absolutely love this song. I often wonder if people have ever truly listened to the words of this song. My interpretation is that some of us (including myself) get so wrapped up in our lives and the day to day grind that we forget what Christmas is. I love the ending of the song if you keep Christmas in your heart and mind it will always be there.
I found myself slightly disappointed in my Primary class a couple of Sunday's ago. I asked my four and five year-olds why we celebrate Christmas. They all began screaming presents and Santa!! I have worked very hard the past two weeks to instill in their little minds the "true" meaning of Christmas. My mom has a tiny Nativity scene that I brought to my class and I explained each piece. This past week I let each child pick a character and they had to tell me why it is included in the Nativity. They got all of the characters correct and it made me feel such peace. They were so excited to be the teachers and teach me the story.
I encourage you to play this song from my playlist and listen carefully to its message. I have included the lyrics below. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
Where are you Christmas
Why can't I find you
Why have you gone away
Where is the laughter
You used to bring me
Why can't I hear music play
My world is changing
I'm rearranging
Does that mean Christmas changes too
Where are you Christmas
Do you remember
The one you used to know
I'm not the same one
See what the time's done
Is that why you have let me go
Christmas is here
Everywhere, oh
Christmas is here
If you care, oh
If there is love in your heart and your mind
You will feel like Christmas all the time
I feel you Christmas
I know I've found you
You never fade away
The joy of Christmas
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every heart with love
Where are you Christmas
Fill your heart with love



1 Comments:
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that song!! What a great way to get those primary kids to understand why we celebrate Christmas. I tried to teach it to our Nursery class...but no one understood, and also yelled out SANTA - SANTA - SANTA!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home