Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Love

Pronunciation: \ˈləv\

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lufu; akin to Old High German luba love, Old English lēof dear, Latin lubēre, libēre to please

1 a (1): strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties (2): affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3): affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests b: an assurance of love 2: warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion 3 a: the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration b (1): a beloved person : darling —often used as a term of endearment (2)British —used as an informal term of address4 a: unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1): the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2): brotherly concern for others b: a person's adoration of God

Something came to my attention today. I am not going to share the personal experience, but I felt the need to express some things. I hope that everyone in my family and all of my friends know that I love them. I often wonder if this word is "over used"or used for the wrong intentions. The above definitions are terrific. I love each person in my family for different reasons. Everyone is different and there are different forms of love.

I love my husband for his unconditional love to me. I knew he loved me when my kidney's failed and he slept on a very uncomfortable chair for many nights in my hospital bed. He drove a hour and half one way for days just to go to work and return to my side the same night. I was talking to a very good friend one day and we were discussing an ex-boyfriend of mine. He told me something I will never forget..."He (speaking of the ex) would have never been able to handle it. He would have never been able to stay by your side through all of that. Ryan did though, and he always will be by your side." So I thank Ryan for everything and his love.

I love my parents for raising me to be a good person (at least I think I am a good person). They tried very hard to give me everything I desired. They loved me even when I chose the wrong thing(s). I thank them for just loving me faults and all. I also thank my Dad for the greatest gift ever - the kidney.

I love my in-laws for talking care of me as one of their own children. They take care of me. The just show love. I hope they know I love them...even when Dewey teases me.

To my brother and Shannon....You two show the world how to love. Your home is filled with love. You can feel it when you walk in the door. From my brother picking on me to Shannon always with open arms for a hug. The two of you are devoted to each other and your faith.

I could list all of my friends but this post would go on forever. I admire each and everyone of you. The reasons are countless.

I would like to send a special "love" to my friend Leslie (my chicken). I love the way you show enthusiasm for life. You are an absolute role model for me. I only hope that people see and feel my love for them like you show everyone. All I need on a bad day is you and your smile. Keep you chin up. Remember I am always here for you. I love you.

To Everyone - Happy Thanksgiving and please let the people who join around your table that you LOVE them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Jasi, I LOVED reading this post! You are an amazing sister, daughter, friend with such enthusiasm for life. I love having you in my life and am so grateful to you for accepting me as a part of your family, and making me feel so at home when I'm near you guys. I couldn't ask for better in-laws, honestly.

I LOVE the your Ryan is so good to you and I love him for that. You two are such a great couple, and I'm so proud and happy for the steps you both have taken to get where you are in life.

We'll miss you this Thanksgiving!!

Love you both so much!!

November 26, 2008 at 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home