Like Vaca? Road Trip!
What movie is that from? Well after 9 days on the road we have finally arrived home! It is so great to get away but it also great to get home. (2121.9 Miles Total) We began our trip Thursday the 11th with one very packed Tundra, one husband, one wife, and one mom. We spent our first evening in West Yellowstone, and continued on the next morning to Tremonton Utah. We had a great time there and even got to surprise Grandma Nelson in the process. The trip was made better with a small family reunion of Cheryl, Kathy, Gary, Teresa, Corey, Jessica, Taylor, and Brooklyn. We would also like to give a big thanks to Gary for taking us out to ATK Thycol. This is where they build the solid rocket boosters for the space shuttle, and this is also where Gary worked for 20 years. You think things look big on TV - you should see them in real life! Saturday we continued on to Salt Lake City to visit Ryan and Shannon. This is where we met up with my dad. Ryan was a great host in taking us to the new Harley Davidson dealership in Lindon. I know that we are not Harley people - but the building is amazing. Here is a link to the webpage - please check out...http://www.timpanogosharleygallery.com/news/ We also were able to see the finished product... my brother has finally finished his pickup. Oh and by the way -Miss Shannon - I still did not get my Xango chapstick. What does a girl have to do? Drive another 400 miles or what? Just kidding. Sunday afternoon we headed across the desert to St. George. Home of Rex, Jennie, and Rusty Hadden. For those who have no idea who these people are...Jasi's grandpa, grandma, and uncle. Grandma had dinner ready for us and we were joined by Carolyn, Gerry, and their beautiful daughter. We had a great visit and on Monday and all gathered for lunch along with Zuliabell and her husband. Grandma and Grandpa took all of us through Zions Park and Bryce Canyon on Tuesday. It was probably one of the most beautiful things we have ever seen. Wednesday morning we headed out to Cheyenne Wyoming via Colorado. It was a great day and arrived in Cheyenne to join Grandma Eskeli, Aunt Laura, Justin, Sabrina, and Nolan for dinner. It was so great to see all of them, and especially to see that great baby. (Please see Nolan at the following link... http://www.babyhomepages.net/gormanfamily/) We were able to stop and see G&G's Nelsons home in Glennrock today - it looked great! We had such a great time and I want to give a huge shout out to Lester (Leslie - the best chicken in the world) for taking care of our home and cats. And now that life is getting back to normal after summer I will keep up on this whole blog thing!



2 Comments:
2100 + miles and only 4 pictures? Now come on I know you're not that tired! :)
J/K good to see you guys.
We will send you some chapstick...
Holy moly! I can't believe I didn't give you some Xango chapstick, and other xango things. So sorry!! I promise we'll send you some...and for real this time. I had completely forgotten to send your christmas present last year...man I'm getting old; my memory is seriously failing me.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home